The publication date for my debut collection is fast approaching: March 8, to be exact.
Besides gathering some of my favorite stories (a few have won some awards, if you care about that sort of thing), this volume also contains a brand new story that I feel is among my best.
Other recent news that may be of interest:
- The Grace of Kings was named one of NPR’s best books of 2015
- … as well as Apple iBooks’ “Best of 2015” (Fantasy)
- … as well as Kobo’s top SFF pick for 2015.
- Both TWOS and The Paper Menagerie made it onto io9’s list of “40 Science Fiction and Fantasy Books That Will Rock Your World In 2016.”
- The president is reading my translation of The Three-Body Problem. (I never thought I’d have anything to do with something the president would read…)
- I was at the ALA Midwinter meeting in Boston this weekend, and had a great time talking with Kat Howard about her debut novel, Roses and Rot, which is a re-imagining of the tale of Tam Lin in a contemporary fantasy setting that raises interesting questions about the role of art — lying to tell the truth. I had the privilege of reading an ARC of the book, and it’s wonderful. You’ll definitely want to pick up a copy when it’s out in June.