Updated over time…
Interviews & Podcasts
- Coode Street Podcast: Gary Wolfe (Jonathan had to sit this one out) talks about The Grace of Kings with me and Joe Monti.
- SF Signal: Paul Weimer discusses silkpunk fantasy with me.
- Suvudu: Shawn Speakman and I chat about TGOK.
- The Qwillery: I reveal something about the book that isn’t in the publisher’s description.
- Rocket Talk Podcast: Justin Landon chats about TGOK with me and Joe Monti.
- Tor.com: Historical Worldbuilding: A conversation with Kameron Hurley and me.
- Cooking the Books: Fran Wilde and I discuss food and empire! (Also, we didn’t talk about this, but her debut novel, Updraft, sounds amazing.
- PW Radio: Rose Fox and Mark Rotella chat with me about TGOK.
- Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy: David Barr Kirtley chats with me about silkpunk and TGOK.
- Locus: Excerpts from my interview discussing silkpunk and other matters. The artwork by Francesca Myman is particularly lovely.
- “The Big Idea” – Whatever (John Scalzi’s blog): What’s the big idea behind TGOK?
- “My Favorite Bit” – Mary Robinette Kowal’s journal: My favorite bit from the novel.
- SF Signal: I talk about “silkpunk” — what it is and why I picked the name.
- “My Superpower” – Skiffy and Fanty: How does my superpower of making tax law interesting relate to the novel?
- “The Hook” (Alex Shvartsman): I talk about the opening lines of my novel.
- “‘Silkpunk’: Redefining Technology for ‘The Grace of Kings’ (LiveScience.com): the technology vocabulary of silkpunk.
- “Silkpunk: playing engineer in an imaginary world” (Boing Boing): the technology vocabulary of silkpunk.
- “The ‘Heroic Translators’ Who Reinvented Classic Science Fiction In China”: This is more about the first works of science fiction translation into English, but I also talk about “translation” as a metaphor in the creation of TGOK.