Here you can find my blog, fiction, and other writings. Click around, and thanks for visiting.
To contact me about my stories (reprints, translations, questions, etc.) or anything else, please email me at ken [AT] kenliu.name.
You can read my Nebula-nominated stories online now thanks to my publishers at Asimov's, GigaNotoSaurus, and Lightspeed!
- "The Bookmaking Habits of Select Species", Lightspeed (audio version available) -- short story.
- "The Waves", Asimov's (online version coming soon, and meanwhile available at the SFWA forums or by email from me) -- novelette.
- "All the Flavors", GigaNotoSaurus -- novella.
- 5/15/2013, Nature has published “The Plague” (read).
- 5/10/2013, “Algorithms for Love” is reprinted in Issue #4 of International Speculative Fiction (read).
- 4/30/2013, “Effect and Cause” is out at Galaxy’s Edge, edited by Mike Resnick (read).
- 4/30/2013, “Sungrazers” is out at Kasma SF (read).
- 4/23/2013, “The Shape of Thought” is out in The Other Half of the Sky, edited by Athena Andreadis and Kay Holt (buy).
- 4/2/2013, “Build-A-Dolly” is out at Apex (read).
- 5/16/2013, sold “Before and After” to Apex.
- 5/7/2013, sold reprint rights to “The Waves” to Year’s Best SF 18, edited by David G. Hartwell.
- 4/25/2013, sold “The Reborn” to Tor.com.
- 4/12/2013, sold Polish rights to “Mono no aware” and “The Waves” to Nowa Fantastyka.
- 4/12/2013, sold “Mono no aware”, a reprint, to Lightspeed
- 4/10/2013, sold “What I Assume You Shall Assume” to Dead Man’s Hand, edited by John Joseph Adams.
- 4/8/2013, sold audio rights to “Good Hunting” to Escape Pod.
- 4/1/2013, sold “The Litigation Master and the Monkey King” to Lightspeed.
- 5/8/2013, “Mono no aware” is a Locus Award finalist!
- 3/30/2013, “Mono no aware” has been nominated for a Hugo!
- 3/25/2013, Luc Reid interviews me for Strange Horizons (read).
- 2/2013, I’ve been nominated for the Nebulas! Thank you so much, everyone! Read more about it here.
- 1/5/2013, my guest blog post on translation is up at Ksenia Anske’s site (read).