Congrats to Liu Cixin, whose novel, The Three-Body Problem, which I translated, is a nominee/finalist for the Nebula, Hugo, Prometheus, Locus, and Campbell Awards. My novella, “The Regular,” is also up for the Nebula, Locus, and Sturgeon Awards. Read it for free at Forever magazine, edited by Neil Clarke.
I have a monthly mailing list for news about my novels, appearances, and other projects such as translations. If you’re interested, please sign up on the linked form. Thank you for your support!
To contact me about reprints, adaptations, translations, questions, requests (to give talks, judge contests, hold workshops, etc.) or just to chat, please email me at ken [AT] kenliu.name.
I enjoy giving talks in professional and scholarly contexts as well as those intended for fans or students. I’ve had very positive feedback for my talks with the Read! Singapore program and the World Scholar’s Cup. And you should never hesitate to contact me about wanting to do something with one of my stories—I love connecting with and collaborating with other artists, writers, scholars, and fans.
- 8/5/2015, “The Smog Society” by Chen Qiufan (translated by me and Carmen Yiling Yan) is out at Lightspeed (read).
- 8/1/2015, “Security Check” by Han Song (translated by me) is out at Clarkesworld (read).
- 8/11/2015, sold “Compatibility” to Ecotones.
- 12/14/2014, sold “Cassandra” to Clarkesworld.
- For information about my upcoming events, look here.
- 6/7/2015, “The Plantimal,” my collaboration with Mike Resnick, has won the Asimov’s Reader’s Poll Award.
- 4/28/2015, Mr. Furusawa, my Japanese editor and translator, just told me that my Japanese collection (by Hayakawa Publishing) is already going into another print run one week after its release on April 22!