Update (July 2014): The pre-order link for my debut novel, The Grace of Kings, is up at Amazon. I’m also setting up a mailing list for news about my novel, appearances, and other projects (translations of The Three-Body Problem, Death’s End, and The Waste Tide). It should be super low traffic. If you’re interested, sign up by scrolling to the bottom of the page. Thank you for your support!
Here you can find my blog, fiction, and other writings. Click around, and thanks for visiting.
To contact me about reprints, adaptations, translations, questions, requests (to give talks, judge contests, hold workshops, etc.) and anything else, please email me at ken [AT] kenliu.name.
I enjoy giving talks in professional and scholarly contexts as well as those intended for fans or students. I’ve had very positive feedback for my talks with the Read! Singapore program and the World Scholar’s Cup. And you should never hesitate to contact me about wanting to do something with one of my stories—I love connecting with and collaborating with other artists, writers, scholars, and fans.
- 8/26/2014, “Homo floresiensis” is out in Solaris Rising 3.
- 8/6/2014, “In the Loop” is out in War Stories, edited by Andrew Liptak and Jaym Gates(buy)
- 8/4/2014, “Seventh Day of the Seventh Moon” is out in Kaleidoscope, an anthology of diverse YA contemporary fantasy edited by Alisa Krasnostein and Julia Rios (buy).
- 5/13, 2014, “What I Assume You Shall Assume” is out in Dead Man’s Hand, edited by John Joseph Adams (buy).
- 5/9/2014, “Knotting Grass, Holding Ring” is out in Long Hidden, edited by Rose Fox and Daniel José Older (buy).
- 8/25/2014 sold “The Long Haul” to Clarkesworld.
- 5/12/2014, sold “Running Shoes” to SQ Mag.
- 5/9/2014, sold “The Snow Train” to Genius Loci: the Spirits of Place, edited by Jaym Gates.
- 7/20/2014: I won a Seiun Award (Japanese Nebula) for best translated story (“The Paper Menagerie”)! Many thanks to Hayakawa Publishing, my publisher, and Yoshimichi Furusawa, my translator.
- 7/12-13/2014: I’ll be at Readercon in Burlington, MA. I’ll be doing a kaffeeklatsch with Sarah Pinsker on Saturday at 10:00 AM and then a panel on extrapolating SF from science on Sunday at 12:00 PM. Hope to see you there!