Congrats to Liu Cixin, whose novel, The Three-Body Problem, which I translated, is up for a Nebula. My novella, “The Regular,” is also up for a Nebula. Read it for free at Forever magazine, edited by Neil Clarke.
I have a monthly mailing list for news about my novels, appearances, and other projects such as translations. If you’re interested, please sign up on the linked form. Thank you for your support!
To contact me about reprints, adaptations, translations, questions, requests (to give talks, judge contests, hold workshops, etc.) or just to chat, please email me at ken [AT] kenliu.name.
I enjoy giving talks in professional and scholarly contexts as well as those intended for fans or students. I’ve had very positive feedback for my talks with the Read! Singapore program and the World Scholar’s Cup. And you should never hesitate to contact me about wanting to do something with one of my stories—I love connecting with and collaborating with other artists, writers, scholars, and fans.
- 5/1/2015, “The Restaurant at the End of the Universe: Laba Porridge” – a translation by Carmen Yiling Yan and myself of Anna Wu’s story, is out at Galaxy’s Edge (read).
- 4/21/2015, “The Ussuri Bear” has been reprinted by Lightspeed (read).
- 4/14/2015, audio version of “The Litigatrix” is out at PodCastle, narrated by Anaea Lay (listen).
- 3/1/2015, “Cassandra” is out in Clarkesworld (read).
- 2/11/2015, “The Regular” (originally published in Upgraded) is reprinted by Forever, Neil Clarke’s new magazine. First issue is free! (download).
- 12/14/2014, sold “Cassandra” to Clarkesworld.