Here you can find my blog, fiction, and other writings. Click around, and thanks for visiting.
To contact me about reprints, adaptations, translations, questions, requests (to give talks, judge contests, hold workshops, etc.) and anything else, please email me at ken [AT] kenliu.name.
I enjoy giving talks in professional and scholarly contexts as well as those intended for fans or students. I’ve had very positive feedback for my talks with the Read! Singapore program and the World Scholar’s Cup. And you should never hesitate to contact me about wanting to do something with one of my stories—I love connecting with and collaborating with other artists, writers, scholars, and fans.
- 4/7/2014, “Event Cloak” is out in Cosmos magazine (read).
- 3/20/2014, “The Ten Suns” is out in Dark Expanse: Surviving the Collapse (buy).
- 3/1/2014, “The Gods Will Not Be Chained” is out in The End is Nigh, Book I of the Apocalypse Triptych, edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey (buy).
- 2/25/2014, “None Owns the Air” is out at Lightspeed (read).
- 2/19/2014, “What Is Expected of a Wedding Host” is out at Daily Science Fiction (read).
- 2/13/2014, “The Shadowcrafter” is out at PodCastle, narrated by Aki Gibbons (listen).
- 4/22/2014, sold “The Regular,” a novella, as well as two translations, Chen Qiufan’s “Oil of Angels” and Xia Jia’s “Tongtong’s Summer” to Neil Clarke’s anthology, Upgraded.
- 4/9/2014, sold “State Change” as a reprint to Lightspeed.
- 3/10/2014, sold audio rights to “Second Chance” to Toasted Cake.
- 1/30/2014, sold French reprint rights to “The Perfect Match” to Bifrost.
- 1/28/2014, sold “Single-Bit Error” as a reprint to Fantasy Scroll.
- 1/22/2014, sold “Saboteur” to Analog.
- 1/20/2014, “A Brief History of the Trans-Pacific Tunnel” has been selected by Rich Horton for his Year’s Best Science Fiction and Fantasy, 2014 edition.
- 5/16/2014: I’ll be at Nebula Weekend from May 16 to May 18, including reading at Charlie Jane Anders’s Writers With Drinks on Friday night. It would be lovely to see you there!
- 3/31/2014: I’ll be at Penn State to be a panelist at the Alien Form: Genre and the Production of Ethnic American Literatures symposium. If you’re around, this promises to be a very interesting event.
- 2/25/2014, “The Litigation Master and the Monkey King” has been nominated for a Nebula. Congrats to all the nominees!