Congrats to Liu Cixin, whose novel, The Three-Body Problem, which I translated, is up for a Nebula. My novella, “The Regular,” is also up for a Nebula. Read it for free at Forever magazine, edited by Neil Clarke.
It’s awards nomination season. My recommendations for other writers’ stories as well as a listing of my own stories that are eligible can be found here.
I have a monthly mailing list for news about my novels, appearances, and other projects such as translations. If you’re interested, please sign up on the linked form. Thank you for your support!
To contact me about reprints, adaptations, translations, questions, requests (to give talks, judge contests, hold workshops, etc.) or just to chat, please email me at ken [AT] kenliu.name.
I enjoy giving talks in professional and scholarly contexts as well as those intended for fans or students. I’ve had very positive feedback for my talks with the Read! Singapore program and the World Scholar’s Cup. And you should never hesitate to contact me about wanting to do something with one of my stories—I love connecting with and collaborating with other artists, writers, scholars, and fans.
- 3/1/2015, “Cassandra” is out in Clarkesworld (read).
- 2/11/2015, “The Regular” (originally published in Upgraded) is reprinted by Forever, Neil Clarke’s new magazine. First issue is free! (download).
- 12/15/2014, “Seventh Day of the Seventh Moon” (originally published in Kaleidoscope) is reprinted by Tor.com (read).
- 11/1/2014, “The Long Haul” is out in the November issue of Clarkesworld (read).
- 11/1/2014, “Presence” is out in the debut issue of Uncanny (read).
- 12/14/2014, sold “Cassandra” to Clarkesworld.
- 3/20-22/2015: I will be the Guest of Honor at Vericon XV in Cambridge, MA. The list of guests this year is really impressive: ML Brennan, Mary Robinette Kowal, Will McIntosh, Daniel José Older, Ada Palmer, Luke Scull, and Jo Walton. I’ll be delivering a keynote speech in which I talk about translation both as practice and as metaphor, specifically centered on the Nebula-nominated novel The Three-Body Problem and my own debut, The Grace of Kings.
- 3/14/2015: I will be at WRITERS WITH DRINKS! in San Francisco hosted by Charlie Jane Anders with Annie Sprinkle, Michelle Richmond, Joanne Harris, Aimee Suzara and Michelle Tea.
- 2/20/2015: The Three-Body Problem is a Nebula nominee! This is only the second time that a translated novel has been nominated (the previous one was Italo Calvino’s Invisible Cities). “The Regular” (my novella in Upgraded) is also nominated in the novella category. So honored and congrats to all the nominees! You can read “The Regular” for free in Neil Clarke’s Forever magazine.