On this site you can find my blog, fiction, and other writings. Click around, and thanks for visiting.
It’s awards nomination season. My recommendations for other writers’ stories as well as a listing of my own stories that are eligible can be found here.
I have a monthly mailing list for news about my novels, appearances, and other projects such as translations. If you’re interested, please sign up on the linked form. Thank you for your support!
To contact me about reprints, adaptations, translations, questions, requests (to give talks, judge contests, hold workshops, etc.) or just to chat, please email me at ken [AT] kenliu.name.
I enjoy giving talks in professional and scholarly contexts as well as those intended for fans or students. I’ve had very positive feedback for my talks with the Read! Singapore program and the World Scholar’s Cup. And you should never hesitate to contact me about wanting to do something with one of my stories—I love connecting with and collaborating with other artists, writers, scholars, and fans.
- 12/15/2014, “Seventh Day of the Seventh Moon” (originally published in Kaleidoscope) is reprinted by Tor.com (read).
- 11/1/2014, “The Long Haul” is out in the November issue of Clarkesworld (read).
- 11/1/2014, “Presence” is out in the debut issue of Uncanny (read).
- 9/23/2014, “The Regular” is out in Upgraded, edited by Neil Clarke (buy).
- 9/1/2014, “The Gods Will Not Be Slain” is out in The End is Now, Book II of the Apocalypse Triptych, edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey (buy).
- 12/14/2014, sold “Cassandra” to Clarkesworld.
- 12/17/2014: Regina Kanyu Wang’s interview with me for Amazing Stories is up. This is one of my favorite interviews, and it has been translated into Chinese, French, Spanish, German, and Italian (read).
- 12/12/2014: “The Long Haul” is a selection in Jonathan Stranhan’s Year’s Best.
- 12/9/2014: “The Regular” (novella in Upgraded) and “The Long Haul” have been selected by Gardner Dozois’s Year’s Best.