On this site you can find my blog, fiction, and other writings. Click around, and thanks for visiting.
I have a monthly mailing list for news about my novels, appearances, and other projects such as translations. If you’re interested, please sign up on the linked form. Thank you for your support!
To contact me about reprints, adaptations, translations, questions, requests (to give talks, judge contests, hold workshops, etc.) or just to chat, please email me at ken [AT] kenliu.name.
I enjoy giving talks in professional and scholarly contexts as well as those intended for fans or students. I’ve had very positive feedback for my talks with the Read! Singapore program and the World Scholar’s Cup. And you should never hesitate to contact me about wanting to do something with one of my stories—I love connecting with and collaborating with other artists, writers, scholars, and fans.
- 9/23/2014, “The Regular” is out in Upgraded, edited by Neil Clarke (buy).
- 9/1/2014, “The Gods Will Not Be Slain” is out in The End is Now, Book II of the Apocalypse Triptych, edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey (buy).
- 8/31/2014, “Running Shoes” is out in SQ Mag, Issue 16 (read).
- 8/26/2014, “Homo floresiensis” is out in Solaris Rising 3 (buy).
- 8/6/2014, “In the Loop” is out in War Stories, edited by Andrew Liptak and Jaym Gates(buy)
- 8/4/2014, “Seventh Day of the Seventh Moon” is out in Kaleidoscope, an anthology of diverse YA contemporary fantasy edited by Alisa Krasnostein and Julia Rios (buy).
- 9/7/2014, sold “Presence” to Uncanny, the new magazine edited by (Hugo Winner) Lynne Thomas and Michael Thomas.
- 8/25/2014, sold “The Long Haul” to Clarkesworld.
- 5/12/2014, sold “Running Shoes” to SQ Mag.
- 5/9/2014, sold “The Snow Train” to Genius Loci: the Spirits of Place, edited by Jaym Gates.
- 11/1-11/2/2014: I’ll be a guest at the Global Chinese Nebula Awards for Science Fiction (全球华语科幻星云奖). Can’t wait to meet friends in China, old and new.
- 10/9/2014: I’ll be at the NY Comic Con to speak on a panel called The SAGA Begins: A New Imprint from Simon & Schuster, 5:00 PM – 5:45 PM, Room 1B03. Other panelists include Lee Kelly, Sam Munson and Nnedi Okorafor. We’ll be talking about our new works coming out of Saga next year!
- 9/20/2014: I won a Galaxy Award (银河奖) in China, for most popular foreign author! Thank you everyone.
- 7/20/2014: I won a Seiun Award (Japanese Nebula) for best translated story (“The Paper Menagerie”)! Many thanks to Hayakawa Publishing, my publisher, and Yoshimichi Furusawa, my translator.